Ford F150 Forumz banner

2nd row floor mats

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WideMudder 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a rear floor mat for my 2014 Supercrew. I realize there are plenty of companies like WeatherTech and Husky who make them. But, I'm looking for a less expensive solution -- possibly something that's "outside the box" -- that'll give me door to door protection. Has anyone come up with a clever but effective rear mat solution?

#3 ·
I wasn't happy with anything I was finding online. I ended up going to Lowe's and buying six feet of rolled carpeting. I made a couple of slits in the carpet to allow it to contour to the truck floor's small hump just behind the center console. Truthfully, I thought this was going to be a cheap temporary solution while I searched for "proper" floor mats. That's not the case. I'm actually really happy with the protection and the look. The carpet I chose is a thick indoor/outdoor style -- do not use a thin carpet, otherwise it will tend to bunch up.

BTW, I'm not visiting this website much anymore. The constant running (video) ads are a royal PITA and have consistently caused a performance problem. I can't even type a sentence on a forum anymore, because my laptop is constantly battling this website for memory resources. No wonder people don't respond to posts!! Webmaster, you think you're clever with your revenue-generating ads. You're not!! You've killed the goose that laid the golden egg. My $0.02.

#4 ·
In all my years of buying stuff, every time I bought cheap, I wasn't happy. I looked at Weathertech and Husky. Husky seemed to be the best from what I could tell. I wanted something that you could take out and clean easily with a pressure washer. Or at the car wash they can clean the floor mats pretty easy as well. I end up wearing holes in my carpet from the heel of my shoe. If you buy the Husky, months from now, you won't even remember the money you spent on them. You might as well just go with the best and be done with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.