Ford F150 Forumz banner

2004-2006 Ford F-150 Recall 11V107000

15K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LavernNIC 
#1 ·
This was expanded to the 2004 model year as well (I know, mine was affected and I received the notice).

Ford Recalls 2005-2006 F-150 Models Because the Driver's Air Bag Could Deploy Without Warning

Detailed Summary
The clock spring jumper wire behind the driver's air bag may come into contact with the lower horn plate, resulting in damage to the wiring. If this occurs, the air bag warning light may illuminate or the driver's air bag could deploy unexpectedly, increasing the risk of injury or loss of vehicle control. Dealers will replace the jumper wire with a new design, which includes a protective mesh cover. This recall is expected to begin on February 28, 2011.

Original Recall from the NHTSA

Model Year(s): 2005, 2006
Mfr's Report Date: February 21, 2011

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 11V107000
NHTSA Action Number: PE09046,EA

Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL DRIVER SIDE INFLATOR MODULE
Potential Number of Units Affected: 135000

Summary: FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2005 AND 2006 F-150 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED AT THE NORFOLK ASSEMBLY PLANT FROM NOVEMBER 1, 2004, THROUGH JUNE 30, 2005. IF THE CLOCKSPRING JUMPER WIRE COMES IN CONTACT WITH THE DRIVER SIDE FRONTAL AIR BAG LOWER HORN PLATE, THE WIRE INSULATION MAY BECOME CHAFED, CREATING A POTENTIAL FOR A SHORT CIRCUIT. IF THIS OCCURS THE AIR BAG WARNING LAMP MAY ILLUMINATE INDICATING THAT SERVICE IS REQUIRED.

Consequence: THE DRIVER SIDE FRONTAL AIR BAG COULD INADVERTENTLY DEPLOY INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY OR CONTROL LOSS IF OCCURRING WHILE THE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION.

Remedy: FORD WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND INSTRUCT THEM TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO A FORD OR LINCOLN/MERCURY DEALER TO HAVE A NEW CLOCKSPRING JUMPER WIRE INSTALLED THAT INCORPORATES A PROTECTIVE MESH COVER. REPAIRS WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT FEBRUARY 28, 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD MOTOR COMPANY CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTER AT 1-866-436-7332.

Notes: FORD'S RECALL CAMPAIGN NUMBER IS 11S18. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO http://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mr Mac: please respond, & any others. my 1st time on here so sorry if go on and on. I have ADD!

Mr Mac,

You seem to know about everything on here.

I am trying to find a electrical diagram for my 2004 F-150 5.4L. I hope you can help.

I want to learn all I can but I also have computer programer to reprogram computer settings and I don't know where to do that at. I have found sever boxes that look like mini computers.

Also, this may sound weird, but I swear it looks like someone has done some non-factory rewiring.

I also, have a 2000 F-350 and ever since I took it in for an oil change one time, I will be driving down the road with radio of and CD player off and the CD player will try to turn on multiple times, but says there NO DJ on screen and there is no CD in player. This has been going on for 5 years. Also, it for first 2 years, you could tell when my cell phone was about to ring cause you would her interferance with radio, whether on or off 5 seconds prior to phone ringing.

This F-150 has same problem with phone interference around the same time.

Dont' think I am crazy but all this happened after my best friend died of gun shot without case being solved. The government should investigate but I want fix these problems.

Now,I am know nut, but the government is way to involved in our lives. In my opinion we have no privacy in this country if you really think about it.

Also, my F-150 has six inch lift with true dual exhaust. look really good.

Do you have a site you would recommend trying to sell it at?

It only has 60,000 miles and was made in OCT/NOV of 2004 so it is pretty much 05. I bet this needs to the call back done for under steering wheel.

I also, would like to find a cheap way to upgrade my turbo charger in 2000 powerstroke with 200k miles on it. I have never had to change glow plugs, injectors, or anything other then oil, fuel filter and brakes.

I also, have 3 sets of rims for 2000-2005 rims, I would like to sell.

Last thing, I have a set of 16.5 weld rims, and I have been trying to get the BF Goodrich 33/12.50/16.50r for last 2 years with no luck. I drive on road so I don't want super swampers. I love the Nitto Grapplers.

Anyone, know where I can get these, I have been on several waiting lists and it always fails, even with giving them my billing info up front. Or a recommendation for another tire that size that will get descent mileage but perform close to the Nitto's on the road and off. Those tires are amazing. Quiet on road, but off road drive like super swampers. I think it is the truck a little to.

#3 ·
2004 2006 Ford F 150 Recall 11V107000

Hello Friends, I have heard That Ford Eco Sport is going to launch and I saw Images of this car.. car looks good.. so friends please tell me this car review...
Hi, I found a website to download the free beta of the new game "Friday the 13th : The Game" here http://friday-the-13th-the-game.blogspot.fr It's a very scary game ! I love it !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.