Ford F150 Forumz banner

GF Performance Chip

16K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sprintsuper 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has purchased the GF Performance Chip for a 2012 F150 with the 5.0 motor. Looks like a cheap way to gain some gas mileage if it works. Anybody have facts on this product?

#2 ·
While I'm not a fan of chips, I do know that if you get that engine breathing easier it will perform better and use less gas doing it.

Perhaps someone with experience with those chips might chime in.

Mac

#4 ·
K&N air filter & other dreams

Recently purchased a "left-over" 2013 F-150. I have always installed K&N air filters on EVERY car/truck I have ever owned.
Ordered a filter and received it and installed it yesterday (8FEB14). Took 10 minutes (follow the instructions/LOL).
I am interested in the GF chip and the Heartthrob 4" exhaust system as my next projects.
Also will be changing the grille to the "Harley" black 6-bar found on the 2014 STX. If anyone has one, after changing to a custom grille, please contact me!
Would appreciate comments from any members that have done these mods; pro and/or con.
I am a new member; just signed on today. My first car was a 1952 Ford 2-door HARDTOP! Cruising in the old days with NO POSTS....lol.
My father was a Ford Parts Manager his whole working life. My older son has always had Ford F-150's.... he also has a 2013 Super Cab (same as mine) with the Ecoboost (same).
Everyone have a great day!

#5 · (Edited)
As money is better with time. I have installed 315 70R 17 tires and wheels, had to use my 1865 Super-chip to correct speedometer, installed Rancho Quick Lift for clearance and did set for 89 octane fuel. Mileage may have dropped 1-2 MPG, but power has seemed to increase. The tachometer now only 1700 RPM at 70 MPH. Do not have roads in this area that can make an all out run to see what it will do, but well over 90 MPH in short 1/4 mile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.