Ford F150 Forumz banner

Power Mirror Switch

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mr Mac 
#1 ·
Power Mirrors no longer work on my 2000 F150 4x4 (after sitting for awhile). I sprayed WD40 behind the mirrors and the move manually but not with the switch. Fuse is good so I went to remove the switch itself for inspection?cleaning. There are two buttons on the switch that you can move to unlatch it (looking at it, front and right) but there are also two small nubs (left and back) that also hold it in place. So what do I do, Push in on the two and trying to wiggle it around didn't help and I didn't want to get too forceful in case something else needs to be removed. Any Help? :confused:

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. I didn't need to remove it after all. I took a little sandpaper to the connectors and then sprayed some electrical cleaner on the rest, even pulling off the little joystick so it would seep underneath it. After moving all the buttons around I was able to get the switch working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.