Ford F150 Forumz banner

2011 F150 Heater Blower motor not working

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mctour 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I know this has been discussed a lot. But I think I might have a different twist. I bought this truck used September 2016. When I took delivery, the dealer told me he had to replace the fan motor due to the fan not running right.

It worked fine for three months. Then it started coming on and off. I mean, it would be running, then stop. In a little while it would come on again. Switching speeds made no difference. The intermittent thing just kept going. Suddenly in early January, it stopped altogether.

I started reading your forums. I replaced the resistor. One of the prongs was a little black and the plastic housing around it was a little irregular like maybe too hot.

As soon as I did, the fan ran great again. For two days. Then right back to nothing. I just replaced the motor tonight and still nothing. I can hear all the doors moving when I do the controls and just a teeny bit of air moves when I turn on the defrost.

So, where do I go now?

See less See more
#2 ·
And so, I have more. I noticed today that when the seat heat control is activated (it's cold now, no fan!!) that there is some fan somewhere that comes on and blows air as long as the seat climate control is on. As soon as I turn off the seat climate control, the fan stops.

Can someone out there tell me what I need to do now?
Thanks,
Mikey

#3 ·
mikey. I am having almost the same problem with my 2011 F150, fan runs for a little bit then shuts down, i turn off the switch for a minute and turn back on it work for a minute or two ( repeat process -20 today) i have removed the resistor and it still does it on high (4) speed.
Any luck figuring it out. any HELP from anyone would be much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.