Camber bushing, yea or na? - Ford F150 Forum - Forums and Owners Club
Ford F150 Forum - Forums and Owners Club  

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Forums and Owners Club > Ford F150 Forum - Help Zone - Ford F150 Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > 4TH Generation Ford F150 1992 to 1996 Ford F150 Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 4th Gen Ford F150 Suspension Problems and Questions

Old 03-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Ford F150 Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996 f150,1978 f100
Color: maroon,red
Engine: 1980 300 CID (4.9 L) Straight-6 117hp 227 lb/ft - 1bbl
needshave is on a distinguished road
Default Camber bushing, yea or na?

I recently installed two new radius arms on my 1996 F-150- 2wd. While in there I replaced both front coils which I found cracked and on one side the coil was actually broken. I replaced with two new vehicle specific coils from NAPA. All was good but after a few months I had stacked coils on both sides. Again These were the coils called out specifically for this truck, but they obviously did not hold up.

I replaced those coils today with another new set of coils that were heavier duty coils, were 7/8" longer that the coils I was replacing, but again called out for this vehicle according to napa. That 7/8" of increased length and the heavier duty coil makes the ford set high and proud. That increased ride height however has given me increased positive camber.

The solid steel I beam construction does not allowing for adjustment other than some wild idea about bending.

My though is to install NAPA's caster camber bushings to give some adjustment and reduce the camber. is there another brand that someone may have used that gives more adjustment? NAPA seems to be pretty proud of these, based upon the price.

Any thoughts on that. Is that the right approach or am I going down the wrong path?

Thanks