Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am working with my son on his f150 4x4. It has a wiring problem. Battery drains while attempting to start it. Looks to be a short, but need readable set of drawings. Any help would be great. Thanks from Georgia!
Hello all. I am working on my sons 1986 F150 4x4. It has a wiring problem. We change the batteryt and attempt to start the truck. Attempt fails and truck keeps attempting to start with key removed. We are looking for a readable set of wiring drawings. Any help would be great. Thanks from Georgia!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
My manuals, unfortunately, don't go back that far. I did a simple search and did find this one and this, maybe they'll help. I will say, however, if your truck continues to try starting even after the key is removed then a couple of things come to mind.

First, there is a short in the wiring right there at the ignition switch and, second, the starter solenoid is sticking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks

Take you for the drawings. This will come in handy. We have replaced the starter relay and starter. Got a great deal at Pull-a-part. We are now removing all tape from wiring look for nicks and shorts. Real fun. Wish us luck.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Luck and patience! Let us know what you find!

Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts