Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 f150 electronic 4wd not working, lights on dash not working(they light up on start up) replaced tranfser case motor still not working, checked all fuses, Do not feel or hear clicks on vacuum solenoid, Top vacuum lines on both have vacuum. Where do i go from here? what do i check next, Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

·
Premium Member
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,775 Posts
It could be the 4WD Mode Switch causing the trouble or the Generic Electronic Module (GEM) which controls the operation of the 4WD system. Have you checked the switch yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i havent checked the switch on the dash. do i check voltage? i was told it was most likely not a switch on the dash problem because they very rarely are bad in all positions. also on another forum i read it says if the solenoids are not clicking they are bad.. both are not clicking.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Start here...

·
Registered
2 Posts
leaking fuel tank

Hi all,

Not sure if I'm in the right place, but am seeing activity, so here it goes.

I need a new fuel tank in my truck, it's seeping out from where the straps (that Ford replaced per the recall) have corroded the tank. I've tried 2 different dealerships & have had no luck in getting the specs for the exact replacement. I know that it's a 24.5 gal @ 58x13x13, but not sure @ the ring size & have found several aftermarket options that vary, such as the same dimensions but listed for a reg cab & 2wd. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can provide :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was posted on another website.

"Common Symptoms of a bad GEM Module.
  • Windshield wipers work only sometimes or not at all.
  • Dome lights stay on all the time, work sporadically or not at all.
  • For 4X4 Models with ESOF, Your 4 Wheel drive does not work at all, or stays in 4 wheel drive.
  • Your Windows quit working all together or roll up and down all by themselves for no reason.
  • Dash lights quit working.
  • Radio stops working."
My power windows do that sometimes
My dome light does that also
my 4wd is not working,
I am gonna pull the gem tomorrow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Truck fixed, It was the Gem module,(also called body control computer) 1/2 hour replacement. $371 from ford dealer. But i ordered it online from autopartscheaper.com for $231 + $50 for overnight shipping. they come preprogrammed. 1997-1998 f150 does not need programming. They were very helpful over the phone and answered a ton of my questions.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Good deal that it is fixed, too bad it had to cost so much!

Mac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts