Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the stock hood (paint peeling) with another used stock hood from salvage yard. Alignment on my truck and salvage truck looked fine. Seemed straight forward with 4 bolts on hinges but can't get it to line up on the left and right (see pics). I am not much of a body man but completely restored a 66 Mustang coupe but this damn thing has got the best of me. I am sure there is a small trick that I am missing but after a half day of adjusting and cussin', thought I would turn to the experts. Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
My best advise would be to get someone from the body shop to align it for you. Or if you can snug the bolts just enough you so you can shift it after it closes and raise the hood again and tighten it in place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No problem. Maybe you can give the body man a couple of dollars. I am working on a 02 360R and I have a mechanic that helps me in is free time. I give a few $ here and there or buy him or his guys lunch or drinks. In 2 years, I may be out of 250.00 when I should be out of a lot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts