Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off hello everyone. Glad to be part of the site. I have a 2005 f150 king ranch with a 5.4 3 valve SOHC eigth digit in the VIN is a 5. I was told by the local ford dealer that I need to have a new engine. I am looking at 7300.00 from ford to do this. The cam phasers have ticked since 30,000 miles and progressively gotten worse. Ford has said and still maintains today that it is normal engine ticking and it does not effect the functionality of the engine. WRONG.......With the phasers out you do not get sufficient oil to one or even both banks. In my case it is the left bank. Along with this I was told that the timing chains are going out, the guides, rails, and tensioners need replaced, and that Ford Motor recomends full engine replacement. I would like to know how many have ran into this problem and if this is the only fix. I have another mechanic at another ford dealership has told me that if I bring the truck to him he will run diagnostics again and pull one of the valve cover gaskets to see if the engine is clean. If it is clean he could rebuild the front end of the engine and this would take care of the problem. I do not want to do this and then 30,000 miles down the road have a tick again. Any one have any suggestions on this and or recommendations by chance. I am open to any and all that would like to respond. I appreciate your time and I know it is important to me and valueable to me as well. Thanks Ed

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.