Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 with Saleen SC, only done 20,000 miles. Issue is engine hesitation at initial throttle, more pronounced when engine warm and engine under no load at lower speeds then say at a t junction, go to accelerate away and there is a brief hesitation. Have had throttle body cleaned and engine checked out on Dino -can't resolve. Help please?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What about the fuel filter...has it been replaced? Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator as well? Perhaps the TPS?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2008 with Saleen SC, only done 20,000 miles. Issue is engine hesitation at initial throttle, more pronounced when engine warm and engine under no load at lower speeds then say at a t junction, go to accelerate away and there is a brief hesitation. Have had throttle body cleaned and engine checked out on Dino -can't resolve. Help please?
Thanks Mr Mac, will check both

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changed fuel filter but no difference, still throttle lag at initial acceleration.

This has been converted to RHD, I wonder if it may be a throttle connection?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
with only 20,000 miles on a 08 it might be gas has turned in to a varnish on/in the injectors. have you tried some type of gas additives like sea-foam? or take them out and clean them.

oh and from one noob to another welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts