Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member. Own '09 f150 crew. I would like to lower truck for ease of entry and exit for family members with disabilities making the ride height a challenge. I am confused by what I see online, kits for a few hundred to over a thousand. Anyone with some practical experience with the modifications willing to offer advice about the kits available.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome, Bill! The first question is how low do you need to go? I have a family member who is pretty much confined to a wheel chair but can at least stand and use the step on my SC to get in/out when we use it to go places.

As for lowering the truck, there are several options available, as you already know, but, again, the amount of drop will pretty much dictate the price of the lowering kit.

Mac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lowering ...

Thanks for responding Mac. I think about 2 inches for front and whatever in back to bring it level. If that still isn't enough I'll try some tire /wheel size adjustments. If this doesn't work I will most likely have to sell the truck and
go to a large sedan or something, but I don't want to think about that yet.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Bill,

You probably want a 2/4 lowering kit for your truck. The big issue with your truck is that it is a Super Crew and therefore the prices seem to jump because not too many companies make a kit for the 4 door. What model and drive is your truck (e.g. Lariat, 4WD)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts