Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: My name is John H. from Cedar Rapids, Ia. This is my first experience on this forum. My purpose in signing onto the Website is to see if any other 2011/F150 Lariat/Supercrew/6.5' Cargo Box/157" wheelbase units are experiencing what mine is doing. The condition has existed from new (28 miles) to the present 7000 miles on the odometer. I experience what I term a suttle: Vibration, Shudder or Wobble of the drive train when accelerating from a dead stop. The condition is very suttle if the vehicle is empty, (no cargo), but becomes much more pronounced when towing something. In my case, 3600# boat with a tongue wgt of 300 to 350#. The condition will be very short lived, (less than a second) & seems to be in the 1000 to 1500 rpm range from a dead stop. My dealership acknowledges the condition, & believes it to be in the drive train system. I firmly believe that I have never experienced the condition in any other mode other than from a dead stop! Is there anyone else out there? If so, what was the solution? Thanks CRJohn

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
My '04 (Super Crew short box) has that same issue. Like you say, it is very subtle when the truck is empty but becomes more pronounced when I hook it up to the camper. I always figured it was just a drive shaft balance issue and never really looked in to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts