Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help please.
about a month ago my 2016 2.7 EcoBoost, 70k miles, developed an oil leak around the oil pan. Took it to my local repair shop and he pulled the pan (plastic, btw) and replaced the silicone sealant. Found out they do not use a gasket, just silicone sealant. I have taken my truck to the local Ford garage for every oil and filter change since new and always used Amsoil Signature. Never was I informed there was a Technical Service Bulletin (19-2205) that addressed this potential problem. My question is, do I have a legitimate reason to request Ford to pau my bill for me getting this problem addressed, even though my truck is not in warranty? Who would I get in contact with, the Local Ford dealer, or Ford corporate?

Thanks for your guidance. Don

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Don,

The sad news is, no, there is nothing Ford will do for you on a TSB. The truth is, it is up to the owner to keep a vigil on TSBs and recalls. That said, you would think that you get all recall notifications via email or snail mail, but, that too is not true. Becoming a member of Ford Owner and Ford Support Recalls are the best way to keep up with those things.

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts