Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a '12 F150, 3.7L engine & 6 spd AT with 11k miles, 2 weeks ago. Love this truck but have a question. Never drove or rode in one before, so don't know if what I'm feeling is normal or not. When coming to a stop, like at a traffic light, it feels like the trans. either disengages or like maybe the front u-joint is loose, just as truck come to a stop...it's just a mild 'clunk' feel. This doesn't seem to be a downshift or anything like that. There's no 'clunk' noise, like you'd hear from a worn and loose u-joint, just the small bump in the drivetrain. And, when you start from a dead stop, there's a small noiseless clunk feel again. Don't know how to better describe it. I can live with this but wondering if, as time goes on and more and more clunks accumulate, if it will get worse? I can take it to dealer for service dept. to check but hate to look like an idiot if this is normal for this drivetrain.:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
AT bump

I have just bought a 5.4 L 2010 F150 Supercab. It does the same thing. I took it into the Ford dealer and they "made an adjustment to the computer". this was supposed to have fixed it, but nothing changed. If you find someone who actually knows what the problem is and how to fix it, please let me know, thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.