Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 model 4.6. Yesterday, the a/c was working fine. I fueled the truck and when I started it, no a/c. The indicator light at the recirculate and a/c on work, but no air is blowing. I assume it is the blower, since there was no indication of a problem, ie., noises laboring, etc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It could either be the blower motor or the switch controlling it. You need to do some investigative work on this one. Have you checked out fuse 13? That is the fuse to the blower motor relay (under the hood in the central junction box). The blower motor relay could also be bad as well as the blower motor resistor.

Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send you the schematic.

Mac

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 AC Blower

Mr Mac, thanks for getting back to me. I did just as you suggested. Actually I suspected it might be the resistor, but as I was taking it out, my screwdriver slipped and the fan came on. Since then, I found if I bumped it with my hand it would come on. I figure a connection is loose. Now my problem is that I can't figure out how to remove the plastic housing cover. I can see 4 screws at the front, but if there are any in the back I don't see how I can reach them. My Chilton book doesn't give any instructions on removing the cover. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Are you referring to the blower motor cover itself? If so, that should come right off and expose the blower motor itself. Can you take a picture of it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts