Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone drives with LEDs in low beams? I've got a 2014 F150 6.2 L, and I thought of certain lighting upgrades for my truck. I'd start with low beams. I am interested in Hikari LEDs:
https://hikari-led.com/headlight-bulbs/top-cree-led-kit.html
These are not the cheapest ones from their lineup, yet not the premium option.
But before I go and buy a set, I wanted to be sure there is someone who installed these LEDs and runs them. I just wanted brighter low beam, and if everything works okay, I'll get another set for my fogs as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have not made the jump in the front of my truck. I did change my bed Lamps and backup lamps to LEDs. I am not impressed with either. The bed lights look a lot brighter but really do not put the light any where it is useful. I was looking for backup lamps that would be a lot brighter and the ones I chose are about the same. I believe it is because of the way the reflectors work. Probably would be better if the fixture was a projector type.
I run silver stars in front of my 2011. They do not do what they claim but they are better than factory, especially to the sides. Which was a great comfort when I was speeding down the secondary roads in New Mexico, fearing the deer would make a run at me.
I am waiting for the next gen lamps. This tech is evolving and soon someone will figure out the issue and make a lamp for our Fords. Compare the oem lamp and the led, one radiates out like the sun the other has to make a 90 turn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah man, I do have an LED conversion low beams on my 16' Lariat and Spyder headlights. Originally I've purchased a set of the aftermarket headlights with halogen bulbs, but they were absolutely shitty, reminded me the yelowish sealed beam lights on my 1993 Cprice.

I considered an HID conversion kit upgrade, but a budy of mine convinced me that it's a bad thing that would blind other drivers and will eventually bring me the ticket. LED conversion kit seems to be the new variation of the HID, because it works in the same way, but utilizes light emitting diodes as a light source. I've got mines from carid: https://www.carid.com/lumen/led-headlight-conversion-kit.html

It was a little more expensive than the LED kits from the amazon because of the built in fan that cools down the bulb, which builds up a lot of heath. So far no problems at all. Just make sure to order the right bulb size, because the bulb itself may be too long and you wouldn't be able to clamp it in the socket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts