Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdie all! im new here, i got an 04 fx4 supercrew jacked up sittin on some 33's and eagle alloys (pics coming soon) its an awesome truck, but heavy on the fuel (5.4) any tips on how to increase my milage? not so much worried about power 300 is lots for me, but i'm hearing stuff from all over the place chips intakes exhaust etc, i don't have alot of money. is a filter just as good as a new intake? do chips do all they say they do? any tips are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,777 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Anyone who has been on here long enough will tell you that while I am not a fan of chips, some swear by them. The simplest way to increase mileage is to lean out the engine and a cold air intake will help you get more air into the engine helping to breathe better. Try that and see if it helps.

·
Premium Member
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,777 Posts
A chip can be used to lean it out (burn less gas) as well as adding more air into the combustion chamber (cold air intake or less restrictive filter). Getting it all out also helps and a less restrictive exhaust can accomplish that along with adding the sound we all like to hear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts