Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I am having an issue with my dealer in regards to the upper ball joints on my 2010 FX4. The truck has only 36,000 miles on it and the upper ball joints on both sides are bad. I have had this truck less than 1 month. The dealer said there wasn't anything wrong with the front end when I went to finalize the deal, even though the outside of all 4 tires had excessive wear (in my opinion). The dealer is now trying to tell me that it is not unheard of that the ball joints only last approx. 30,000 miles. I had the truck inspected at the dealer (170 point inspection) and the only way this was caught was when I put on new tires on the truck (at Belle Tire here in Livonia) after I bought it. Has anyone had this happened to them and if so how did you resolve the problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Unless the truck was originally purchased with an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty then, he got you. If all you did was speak to a salesman then you may want to go up to the Sales Manager and then on to the owner if the SM doesn't want to help out. In any case this may just turn out to be a classic caveat emptor case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts