Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I would like to know what other Ecoboost owners are using for the brake controller setting while towing. I am towing a 30 ft, 8000 lb travel trailer. The service department of the RV dealer that I bought my trailer from, set up the integrated F150 brake controller at a gain of 4.0. After driving around for a while, I felt like I was getting no braking assistance out of my trailer brakes. After several tests, I have settled in at a setting of 10.0 on the gain. What have others experienced?

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi graybeard its not so much that you need to set it up like every one else but to the trailer. how do you do that? find a long place where you and your trailer can travel at 25 MPH and use the Manuel brake leavers. when you pull the to leaver together if you get the trailer to lock up at 25 MPH drop the settings down till you just about lock up your trailer brakes. you want to fell the drag but not skid the tires. if you have them to low your eating up the trucks brakes if its to high your killing the trailers brakes. remember every time you use the trailer you pack differently, so you should set it before every trip out. every time you load more or take out stuff i would check it to see but thats just me. after time you will get to know how to set it buy just the feel of the rig and trailer. good luck and happy towing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi blueovelboy,
Thanks for the set up procedure, sounds reasonalble. I set them up by feel the best I could but didn't know about the 25mph test. I'll give it a try. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts