Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 F-150 had a major exhaust leak on the passenger side. I had to pull the intake, head, and timing cover. I replaced the exhaust manifold and installed bolts instead of the studs. When we reinstalled everything the truck started and ran great! After a little while the idle would drop and it would die. I recieved a code for the intake manifold runner control being stuck closed. i removed the manifold again and sure enough it would not open. I also noticed a broken ground wire on the firewall near the pcm. i'm not sure where it is supposed to be hooked up to. i was wondering if it had something to do with the manifold runner control module. The brakes were also very hard to push, no power brakes at all. I think its the vacuum line from the back of the intake. I don't think the recall was ever done on this truck for that. If anyone knows where the ground wire goes PLEASE help me out! I'm waiting on the new manifold runner control.....Thanks!!

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
The IMRC issue was a technical service bulletin, not a recall and it was to have the trained Ford personnel, under warranty, inspect for disconnected IMRC actuator rods.

If I'm not mistaken, your truck most likely has a charge motion control valve and not an IMRC and the ground wire for that unit is a black with white stripe and should be connected to a suitable ground point at the closest point.

If your brakes aren't working after the work then you may be correct in that a vacuum line might be disconnected.

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.