Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all of you: Is it possible to replace the current window switch controls in my 2010 F150 XLT with switch controls that have an open-close express function without making changes to the electric motors in the doors? When I use the word "express", I am referring to a type of switch that when activated will open or close the window without holding the switch in either the open or close mode.[/I]

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
I'm pretty sure to do this you would have to have four (well, three more) of the one-touch down switches but I'm not 100% sure about the relay and if the one would suffice or if more would be required...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Express Down/Up window control switches

I looked your schematic over and it appears that the configuration you included in your reply is for a truck with an electric sliding rear window. That being said, it also appears that the configuration that you sent me (schematic) (and by the way many thanks for doing that) only has one switch (driver's side) that has the express down function; no "express" up mode. As I read it, no other passenger position has an "express" window down feature. Am I reading it wrong?

Question: Do you know if the Lariat, Platinum or King Ranch come with window controls for the driver's side and front passenger side that have the express up/down hands free feature I am looking for? Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here if what I am looking for from Ford does not exist. My '08 Acura TL has this feature for the window controls and I would like to have it in my '10 F150 XLT if possible. But, maybe it isn't possible. Any other thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Norm Black
Tennessee

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
The newer trucks do have the express window up/down feature but in order to use it you would have to adapt the wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.