Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay its like this, when i turn on the truck it starts okay, than TURN ON the AC the truck gets jumpy like its gonna turn off, which it does when i drive than stop . the truck just turns off, i turn the key but nothing. everything turns the radio comes on, the engine light is on, battery light is on, the gaugdes turn but doesnt start. so to start it i gotta pop the hood and mess with battery cable. So im wondering if its the battery cables that need replace or something is lose on the Alternator or on the starter or all of the above??????? plz help. i dont wanna pay $99.95 at a ford dealership. i had my engine service and transmission rebuilt. my truck is an 2005 f150 4.6L v8 XL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyway i find out the problem. it has nothing to do with the elec stuff. i just needed to replace my INTAKE GASKET. no turning off or nothing. runs like new, got power back, feels like i run on less gas.

·
Premium Member
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,775 Posts
First, welcome to the forum and, second, sorry I never got to your post. Been at work a lot lately and haven't time. Probably a good thing too as I'd have started with the AC clutch and not an intake gasket!

And, naturally, that begs the question, what lead you to the intake gasket as a solution to this issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts