Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 w 5.4 that i just purchased a couple weeks ago now when im driving at speeds around 45 and punch it i have a yellow light come on above break light in the shape of engineand truck seems to choke or fall on its face, when i let up light goes out and i can climb to higher speeds slowly it only happens when i floor it, what is the light? and what should i be looking for? could you help me out guys?

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
You need to determine what code it's giving by connecting it to an OBD II code reader. Most large chain auto parts stores can help you out with that.

A coupe of things come to mind right off with that kind of issue and that would be the TPS and O2 sensors. That said, it could be a lot of different things.

Mac

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had it at shop yesterday fixing a wheel bearing and input seal on the rear end, they read the code said it came up showing issue with #3 cyl and something about tuneup code?? of course they say it could be a million things and wait to see if it gets worse and they suggested the o2 sensor as maybe 1st place to start and new plugs they felt the o2 sensor wasnt reading the larger amount of fuel being used when i floored it, i can do the o2 sensor myself and plugs it just seems ive played this game with other vehicles and each sensor that it might be is a 100bucks and its usually the 5th or 6th thing i change, but the code didnt read o2 sensor and they mentioned it before reading it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.