Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a f150 supercrew with a 5.5' bed and an Ecoboost engine. Can I pull a fifth wheel trailer with that sort bed?? Also how much can I pull without struggling (gwr is 9600)? Thanks

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from So. IL!

Here is Ford's towing chart for trailer/fifth wheel towing.

Mac

·
Registered
48 Posts
you can tow a 5TH wheeler but its vary rare to find one that fits your needs in a 5th wheeler. what with most of them being over your load limit. if you do find one then you need a hitch that slides back when you turn. not to sure but you might not be able to make a full turn or you might hit the cab with the trailer. if it where me i would find a good old bumper pull and deal with it! good luck and welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
There are several fifth wheel options (including above and below rails) that will allow you to tow a trailer. The next question really is, do you already have a trailer or are you searching for one? Like blueoval stated many of those are heavy but that doesn't leave you out in the cold.

Several trailer manufacturers do make lightweight 5th wheel trailers than can be pulled by much smaller trucks. I have seen a few on ebay when I was looking for a suitable trailer for my family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys i don't know about the 5'5" box but with the 6' you need the slider 5th wheel hitch and still have limited turning. as for weight i have a 06 cab and a quarter 8' box with the 4.6 2v v8 and i tow a 29' 6800lbs 5th wheel. it works the truck, but for occasional use the truck still does fine. i did install some firestone ride rite air bags in the rear just to help out tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts