Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Just bought a really nice 2004 Exp. Got only 1 key, so had to go to locksmith, get extras made and reprogram system. Now if I try to remote start ,car acts like trying to steal it. Red light flashes until I hit brake etc. All other functions work . There seams to be a conflict between the code in the alarm/remote start, and new code for keys. Have spent multiple hours on the computer trying to find out how to reprogram the alarm/remote starter to the new key code with no luck. I know there must be a way to do it, as this is a dealer add on system ,so would have to be programed when installed.
System consists of:
Ford Code sys. ENG/PN:2W7J-19G367-AA box under dash
1L2Z19G635-AB Module under steering wheel
Wire collar around switch ( I assume this simulates a signal of the smart key so remote start will work because there is no key in ignition) Other box states "Require PC-32 Module I assume this is it as syst. worked before rekey
Siren under hood
4 Button remote key fob

System worked fine until rekey so think the old key code is in the remote start system, but the original smart key sys now has new code so does not recognize the old code that is in rem start. Thus it goes to theft mode.
HELP! Anybody know how to fix it??:confused:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Go back to the original configuration and then go to a Ford dealership and order a new key with the old codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remote Start

I had an after market remote start put in, it had to be programmed to match my keys. Could be your issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes , that was the problem, but had trouble finding out how. My system was a dealer installed Ford system. Very complicated system. Had to go online and pay $ 8.95 to get the instillation instructions download (300 + pgs) It has detailed programing instructions and wiring diagrams for numerous applications. Would highly recommend obtaining it for anyone who has one of the systems. Would be virtually impossible to figure out how to program the system without it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.scribd.com/doc/48533322/Remote-Start-Installation-Guide

It took me 2 days of research to finally find this, it may be helpful to find the info ,so thought I would put it out for future reference to anyone with the same problem. Cost $8.95 to download , but well worth it! This is a complicated system that myself , Ford dealer, or the locksmith could not figure out without the installation guide. Took over an hour to program even with the instructions. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts