Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 98 F150 XLT 4.6L on Monday & loving it so far. I picked it up for a winter daily driver and this is my first truck.

Here's a little personal info:
I am a local business owner with an AAS in Electronics Engineering. I have over 22 years in the computer/retail/restaurant hospitality industry and love what I do.
My regular dd is a 2000 BMW 323ci that I have heavily modded. I do all my own work and have added ceramic coated headers, suspension tuning, Euro tune on ECU and trans, CAI, rear diff replacement & some electrical mods. Right now it has 206,000 miles and engine runs strong but having ABS/DSC issues making it unsafe in winter weather. I just don't have the time to diagnose the chain of components/sensors that are throwing these codes hence the truck purchase. Saving the BMW for my winter project.

For the F150 I'm going to spend some time looking for info on things that need to be done like an exhaust leak throwing codes and adding remote keyless entry. The CEL is on so I suspect the exhaust manifold is either cracked or studs broken. May go with long pipes but I see that raises fitment issues as well as availability for the 4.6L. As for the keyless entry I got a headache looking for info on adding the factory option so I think I'll go with the aftermarket Bulldog RKE setup. I tried the ignition from 4 to 3 (off to on) 8 times about 20 tries with no response from power door locks so I think it's safe to say I don't have the factory module.

Looking forward to reading all the info/threads so I can learn all the aspects of this truck. It looks as if the PO did some mods on the airbox so after I sort that out and get some headers I'll look into remapping the ECU.

Best regards to all

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.