Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
Idle speed is controlled by the power train control module (PCM) and cannot be set manually. You can, however, make sure that the intake, throttle body and MAF are all clean as that may help. Otherwise, you need to see if the PCM has thrown any codes your way.

Mac

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
I do believe they have the capability to alter the programming but, more importantly, they can determine why it dropped in the first place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Idle Control Module,same issue on my f-150,unfortunatly this part is attached to the fuel rail and cannot be replaced separatly, have to replace complete fuel rail, module is attached.later years come separate so it can be replaced.That sucks, I'll just keep my foot resting slightly for now, dealer said 400$, no way.If anyone has a better way to fix please let me know! thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a section in the owners manual on how to make the cpu do an automatic adjustment on the idle rpm. The procedure lets the cpu re-learn the idle trim. It is on page 260 in my book.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.