Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody!

so i just bought a 2006 ford f-150 and needless to say i wanna make this thing the most amazing truck on campus! its completely stock because i bought it in really good condition for it being an old dealers work truck....so please help me out everyone!? oh and i am somewhat on a college kid budget but mostly i wanna lift the body with some step sides and maybe a brush bar as well. gotta start somewhere

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your truck! Around here we don't believe anything ever happens without pictures (seeing is believing ;))!

As for your modifications, some advice, if you don't mind.

1. Take your time on your decision to modify your truck. Figure out how the truck will be used more than anything else and tailor those mods to that primary use. Start small.

2. Don't sacrifice quality for cost! If you want the Brand-X lift kit and it costs more than you have right now, wait until you can afford it. Don't settle!

3. Know the full effects of the modification you plan to make and consider them before you act. Bigger tires and a lift kit will lead to other considerations like drive-shaft angles and gearing issues that will have to be overcome to maintain drive-ability.

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts