Ford F150 Forumz banner

Keypad use with aftermarket alarm

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ford F150 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2004 FX4 and it has a crime stopper after market alarm system installed with a remote start function. If I understand correctly from doing a little research there really is no way to use my keypad without setting off the alarm. I would prefer to have the functionality of the keypad and get rid of the aftermarket alarm. However, I really want to be able to use my remote start. My question then is this: what do I need to do in order disable my aftermarket alarm, use the keypad, have keyless entry, and remote start????? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
Darned good question and I have no clue! Have you tried calling a local shop that installs those type of after-market systems for advice?

Mac

#3 ·
For what it is worth to anyone this is what I figured out. I only occasionally need my keypad but when I do I want it. So if I put my alarm system in valet mode I can use the keypad. Real simple to enter and exit valet mode. I live in a quiet rural town and really am not very worried about someone breaking into my truck so when I need the keypad valet mode it is and then the rest of the time my alarm system is armed and ready to go. Can't figure out any other way to do it but this works well enough for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.