Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey heys first time on here but anyways I have a 2007 f150 fx4. I installed a 2in leveling kit which I think I might regret dont get me wrong it looks alot better but it rides terriable over bumps. Also It still has the stock shocks and was wondering if replacing them would fix this problem and which shock would you recommend or should I go another route

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I think Im gonna do the same thing and get rid of mine and as soon as I get some money together I was looking at the ProComp 6in Crossmember/Knuckle Lift kit w/ front MX2.75 Coilovers and MX-6 Shocks and do it right. Any body fimilar with this lift kit or have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey,i hope this goes to the right place cuz ive never posted on one of these sites before.i just bought an 04 fx4 and it has a leveling kit also and it rides like crap.i shouldnt say that,the front feels like crap on bumps and i actually joined this site to try and get some input on why.thanks for the info because i was kinda thinking the leveling kit might be the reason.does anyone know if you have to have a front end alignment after removing the leveling kit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leveling kits are used for aesthetic appearance and they can affect the stock suspension. If you want to improve the ride quality of your rig, I would recommend suspension lift kits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2" Leveling Kit on my '05 F150 and it was a rough ride but it never seemed to bother me, I had it on the truck until I sold it the other day. I loved how it looked and it let me put a bigger tire on the Truck. It was much cheaper than a Suspension Lift and I just felt like my truck rode like a real truck should. I'm thinking of putting a leveling kit on the 2011 F150 I just bought, hoping that I don't have the same problems everyone else has.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts