Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I live in Ontario and picked up my 2012 F150 FX4 crew cab last may. I am looking to level it enough to stick some 33's or 35's on it. Stock rims or after market not sure yet. I have been told NOT to use an extra leaf for levelling the rear. Why is this? I don't want the rear to drop to much when I am pulling my bass boat, you guys know how that looks going down the highway. What should I do? Use a leaf or use a block? Remember I want to the truck to look as level as possible with weight in the back, and to my understanding that would be a leaf? I know it won't be perfectly level with weight but as close as I can is what I want

What is the best way to go to get the job done right?

Thanks to any help you's may have!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a leveling kit from rough country and it leveled it up pretty good. According to rough country you can fit 35x12.50 tires on a stock rim. I had problems with getting the struts out. I tried to use spring compressors but the springs are too stiff. I would suggest unhooking the lower A-arm. Took a hour on the passenger side afte experimenting with the driver side. With the boat part depending on how big a boat you coul use a drop hitch or you could go with an air bag system in back. With the airbags you can hook up your boat then flip a switch and raise the back end up till your happy with the stance. When you dont have the boat on you can let the air out and level it out again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2.5 inch kit over struts:

I have been looking those kits. and seem as they are pretty straight forward, installation is simple.
1. did your have to re-a-line the front end after installation
2. did it give you the clearance you wanted,
3. did you give any lift to the rear.
4. does the same kits work, for 2010, 11, 12, 13, and now 14s.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been looking those kits. and seem as they are pretty straight forward, installation is simple.
1. did your have to re-a-line the front end after installation
2. did it give you the clearance you wanted,
3. did you give any lift to the rear.
4. does the same kits work, for 2010, 11, 12, 13, and now 14s.
Installed the Rancho Quick-lift kit and 315 70R 17, have a good inch clearance with front bumper, and have no rubs for far. Did set the truck up at least 4 inches over all. Used Super-chip to correct speedometer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.