2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,775 Posts
Pretty truck!

Mac

·
Premium Member
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,775 Posts
Thanks. I do very well avoiding test drives on the new trucks as I'd end up with a new truck payment! Would be nice...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dislike payments myself, but the note on this one was being paid anyway in the form of repairs on my 2002 Ram 1500 4.7 liter. It was great the first 3 years I owned it, I did a few mods to it along with 70,000 miles. Within 8 months the repairs included:
New heater core (done myself along with new defrost panel and dash cover for cracked dash= $500)
New brake booster (done myself $150)
A/C compressor (done myself $650)
Rebuilt rear diff due to smoked carriers and pinion bearings (shop rebuild $1150)

Then on July 5, after the truck sat for a full 24 hours without being cranked (rare occasion) I was backing it out of the driveway and encountered a fog of white smoke from the exhaust. I knew what it was immediately, owning a 4.7 liter Dodge you come to expect head gasket issues at some point. I consider myself lucky that it took 179,000 miles for my truck to do it. My wife had been after me to trade it off when the rear end started singing, but I loved the truck and fixed it anyway. When the head gasket went I was just sick of dealing with it. No biggie, my company gives me a vehicle allowance (catch the mileage and time frame earlier lol), and I was just using that to fix the Dodge at that point rather then enjoy it or save it so away the Ram went. I still miss it sometimes but I always was a Ford guy at heart and couldnt pass up the deal I got on the Ram at the time I bought it.

5 hour head gasket repair, in the rain no less lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts