Ford F150 Forumz banner

New guy in Baja Sur

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mr Mac 
#1 ·
I found this Forum by googling Ford Dealer in Loa Cabos, Baca California Sur. We are escaping the cold weather in Durango, Colorado. I have a 2002 F150 with 190,000 plus miles and running great while pulling a 1979 Argozy travel trailer.

It has developed one problem, though. The odometer goes black from time to time.The engine runs fine. It comes back at times keeping the mileage. I will try the Ford dealer in Los Cabos.

Any ideas?

Tico

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, Tico! Glad to have you aboard!

The intermittent issue with your odometer is actually quite common and is, thankfully an easy fix. All you need to do is invoke your warranty with the local dealership and they'll fix it for you! Simple enough, right? What, not under warranty any more, okay, no biggie!

Find that same dealership and have them install a new instrument cluster for you. The new cluster goes for around $200 and the labor is only another huge amount! Or, take it to a local repair shop and have them repair it for you for about $150 to $200, or...

You can repair it yourself for almost nothing! Any good with a soldering iron? Try this...

Let us know how it turns out!

Mac

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.