Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have recently purchased a 1975 Ford 4X4 pickup. It's been lifted with 38 inch tires. It has an inline 6 (300 I think) with a 4 speed. I'm starting work on the body, it needs a lot. I look forward to talking to people here and gaining insights and helping where I can. God Bless and I will see you next time!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a company truck that had the 300ci 6 cy in it I found it to be plenty of power, lots of torque and reasonable gas mileage considering what I did to it. Drove it for several years until the boss decided I needed another/newer vehicle.
If you gears are right the 38's will not be a problem. You will get less gas mileage cause the big tires are a lot harder to turn over. Lifted is not my thing. My 2011 ecoboost is stock except for the new shocks replacement tires. I changed from MS tires to MS2 and like them a lot for driving in the deserts in the south west.
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I've heard good things about that motor. I need to fix some look leaks but it doesn't smoke or miss a beat. I actually plan to lower it back down a bit. Enough to make it easier for an old disabled veteran to get in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts