Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new headunit in my 2012 F150xl. I got it from Crutchfield and they told me the reverse circuit wire is in the passengers kick plug D blue wire with white stripe. I tapped it but the head unit is not operating properly when the backup camera is enabled. My question is can any tell me if Plug D in the passenger kick with the blue wire/white stripe is in fact the reverse circuit? I can't get the plug out due to the funky shape of the connector (or connector holder) so I have no idea what the pin number is. Thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
There should be a plug in the passenger kick (i believe it is a 52 pin plug) the wire is blue/white and is near the bottom of the plug. If your vehicle has a factory auto dimming wire it can be found in the plug at the mirror pin 2 blue/white. Worst case you can run a wire directly to the reverse light.

Double check on your deck make sure there isn't a setting that you need to change on the deck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so, I also installed a back up camera in my 05 F150. I wasable to trace the wire for the reverse circuit wire by pulling the rear tail light and finding the wire for the back up light, mine was black w/ purple stripe. I found the wire uder the dash by the emergency brake in a plug in there. and connecteed it to the back up camera.
My problem is finding the proper way to hook up the video camera in the mirror to a12v ACC power source so the video will come on when the ignition is in Accesory posotion. Any help would be greatfull. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.