Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Ford Expedition 5.4 My problem started with a Jerking and hesitation... Replaced COPS and Plugs which I thought fixed the problem. A few days later it acted like it wasn't getting fuel when I tried to start it. I replaced the fuel pump and filter. Truck started fine with no problems. Just a few days later the hesitation returned but this time it was different then before. It happens at anytime not just under a load and jerks very hard. Sometimes the truck will even shut off completely but starts right away. Sometimes leaving from a stop it will jerk or shut off. I have also replaced the crank trigger sensor, EGR valve check all vacuum lines. No codes are showing up. Gas milage is TERRIBLE around 8-10 mpg. Any Suggestions??

·
Premium Member
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,774 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
the cam sensor might be going out on it. but this is just a guess or the gas tank is letting loose of some flaks of rust. i know you have replaced the filters, is it posable some junk got past it and now is in there. its just to small to see it but its clogging the injectors or jets. hope you work it out and good luck would like to know what you come up with so keep use posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the cam sensor might be going out on it. but this is just a guess or the gas tank is letting loose of some flaks of rust. i know you have replaced the filters, is it posable some junk got past it and now is in there. its just to small to see it but its clogging the injectors or jets. hope you work it out and good luck would like to know what you come up with so keep use posted.

When I replaced the pump and filter I cleaned the tank... I didn't find any trash in it. I haven't got a chance to replace the TPS yet. I dont have to work this weekend so I intend on changing it then. If that doesn't fix my problem I will look at replacing the Cam sensor. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts