2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
Welcome from So. Illinois!

Mac

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the Ford Family

Just purchased my first Ford and absolutely love it. I better for what that sucker cost. Decided on the Eco Boost and so far so good. I was driven a Dodge Hemi the last 8 years and this baby feels just as quick. Anyways, howdy to all.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Mac

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Mac

·
Registered
2 Posts
New from BC looking to identify engine noise

Hi, first time on this site and looking for help. I see I'm suppoed to go to the 'helpzone' but couldn't find it.

My 2010 F150 began exhibiting a noise that sounded like lifters several months ago. The dealership mechanic inspected and said it was normal. I can't stand it anymore and the noise is not something I want to put up with any longer. Origianlly it sounded like injectors but could it be valves or lifters??? 37,000 km. Are others experiencing this problem?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
First, welcome to the forum.

Next, the help zone link is in the big yellow banner at the top of this page, or, for your question, you can go here.

Next, with so few kilometers, how often has the oil been changed and what oil is being used? Old oil breaks down and causes lifter noise, which, by the way, isn't normal for the 5.3L power plant.

As with older oil, the wrong viscosity oil will also cause excessive noise. For example, in the summer months I use a 10W oil and the winter sees 5W. Either way, that noise is not normal and if you still have warranty left on your truck, then force the issue and make sure someone else performs the diagnosis.

Hope that helps.

Mac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.