Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Ford f-150 w/ the 4.6 V-8. My issue is the passenger side window. I have replaced the motor, checked all wires & switches driver side & passenger side. They are ok. I changed the (Jim) module that plugs into the fuse box. The motor will only run one direction. A Ford Tech has spent more than 4 hours on the problem & can't solve it. Any Answers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same issue- driver side

I have the same issue with my driver side window- you can hear it try to go up, but it is stuck up and will not go down i took the switches out and checked for corrosion and did a general cleaning but it is the same- it tries to go up, down you hear the click but no noise at all...... there is an issue witht he electric door lock on the driver side as well it doesnt work but it has been that way since i got it.
Thanks
Lyn

·
Registered
1 Posts
power window

I originally had a problem where passenger side window wouldn't go down. Drove for 3 days, now driver side window will not go down or up. Was told by mechanic master switch needs to be replaced for driver side and passenger side to work. Next would be bad ground or bad wire in driver or passenger side door.

Please let me know how you made out. I'm in the process of chasing wires now...
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.