Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this is my first post as i am now an owner of a 1995 ford which i bought 4 days ago.. Everything is pretty decent except one thing that the previous owner failed to mention upon purchasing. First i will start with the basics 1995 F-150 XLT with the 5.8 engine and an automatic transmisson and 120,000miles. It runs great but at slower speeds 10-30 when i realease the gas it sometimes clunks and then something sounds as if its rattling underneath when i take my foot off the gas and it coasts at low speeds.. Not sure what this could be but its very annoying. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.. Also the truck seemed neglected and i am just wondering what a truck like this would need to be tuned up? I changed the oil and engine filter but what else would a truck with this milage and age need? I am sorry for my lack of knowledge as i have never owned a truck like this.. Thank you--- Jared

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

From what you describe the sounds you are hearing can be a bad U-joint (the clunking sound) and the heat shield over the catalytic converter or the dust/inspection shield at the back of the engine that covers the bottom portion of the flywheel.

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.