Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the day I was signing all the paperwork for purchasing my new 2017 F-150, the dealer had me sign a piece of paper saying I couldn't put snow chains on my tires. I didn't understand why. Has anyone else had this problem or know the reason for this? Can I use snow chains? My truck is 2WD.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dealer squealer

The majority of people do not put chains on correctly and they do not ever check them for tightness. There are a few that do it right and drive slow enough that it is not a problem. I remember the mailmen in Iowa with chains on all 4 wheels to deliver the rural mail.

I do not know why the dealer did this, was this a piece of paper with the dealer heading on it or was it just a piece of paper? Personally I would not have signed it until someone explained it to me. I walked out of a Chevy dealership when they refused to disconnect ONSTAR for me. Came back 2 days later with my brand new 30k Ford just so that they knew I was serious.

You say two wheel drive, do you have a limited slip or a locker?

I have a 2011 F150 also two wheel drive and when I had to drive on the white stuff I put 500 pounds of sand behind the tires.

I would love it if you would go back to the dealer and get them to tell you why and post it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts