Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two drive 08 F150 xlt 59000 mi and looking to trade in on a 08 lariat 4 wheel drive F150 with 104,000 mi. The truck I am looking at shutters when shifting into 3rd gear or downing into and out of passing gear. What are the most likely problems? Also the 4x4 looks like farm truck and probably pulled trailers. Should I avoid or plan on new tranny and at what cost?

·
Registered
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,778 Posts
Many times that shudder can be caused by dirty fluid which keeps it from flowing through the valve body like it should. Take a close look at fluid and ask questions about transmission service. Most people ignore the transmission and rear axle.

Mac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mac you may have hit the nail on the head with the fluid. I talked to my local tranny shop and the first thing he said is service fluid/filter may take care of the problem. I know lots of people neglect transmission service. Now I am wondering if the truck ever had any service. The Carfax didn't shoe any service but I guess only dealership are tied in with that reporting to carfzx I really not sure how that works. Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.