Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I would like to know what people are observing for a normal range of transmission temperatures on their F150 Ecoboosts. I've seen 192-197 F for non-towing (after warmed up) and 195-201 F while towing my travel trailer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
thats about where my work truck set when towing and a little lower when not towing.
wish my 2010 had a dash like the 2012 at work has.
i don't know what my gages highs or lows are its ether hot or cool with hash marks in the middle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was going to ask the same question about trany temp. I just made a 100 mile run and my temp was 170-172. This past summer pulling my RV it ran 195-202 in 90 degree ambient up and down grades in western Montana. I changed my fluid at 15000 miles---the book says 150,000----I will change again before summer at 42-45,000 miles.
Anybody---am I wasting my $$$$ by changing the expensive trany fluid that often????

·
Registered
47 Posts
Temps

Mine has always been in the 190 range. I drive in southern NM and Arizona.
Gets warm in the summer. I have 60k on mine and the temp have always been under 200 even scooting across the desert in the summer. Been considering changing the fluid but do not have solid data to warrant the expense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts