Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a 2013 F-150 with the short center console and am trying to figure out the best spot to put in an FTM-7250. I think it will fit inside the front cubby in the CC, but haven't yet stuck it in there with the bracket to see if it will.

So, anyone here with a 12th gen F150 with a smaller radio installed that can share pics/ideas?

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Car

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Following some investigation of my truck interior, I determined that since most everything is plastic and snaps into place, it should pop right out just as easily. I was right.

I've known for a while that I wanted to mount the radio in the front of the center console but there was a lower pocket cover in the way. A gentle tug, voila, we're in business!

I was able to work my big hands in there with the mounting bracket, wait, let's talk about that for a moment. Yaesu added a couple of pieces of double-sided tape in the box to temporarily secure the bracket to whatever surface you're mounting to! Brilliant!

Anyways, a couple of pilot holes and the short wood screws and it was secure. The console is thick enough that the screws didn't penetrate through to the inside. That was, truly the hardest part about the whole job.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the way, we live near a beach, so, yes, that is the white sands of Florida! :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts