Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FORD F150 FORUM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the newest forum in the GigaThreads.com Network!
This one is dedicated to the Ford F150, and it's owners! We hope to build a thriving new alternative to what's currently available out there!

We hope that you'll join us!

GT

·
FORD F150 FORUM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Help us spread the word and we should have no problem with that :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
fuel milage

Hello all, Im new as of today. I was searching for options to save a little fuel mileage for my new (to me) F150 HD edition because when I get home next month from the sandbox I am going to drive it up from FL to my home state of MA.... Its gonna guzzle and anything will help..... any tips, suggestions, etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mpg improvements!!

Well I have done this drive numerous times in my 11 FX-4 ECOBOOST Supercrew and I have gotten over 20mpg on this trip. On my truck, I have a hard tonnue cover. Keep the windows closed and run a/c in recirc mode (windows open act like a parachute deployed on back of vehicle) stay around the 65-75 mph range, for over 70 mph, mpg will drop. I keep my tire psi to around 44psi. It rides a little harder but handles better than 35 psi. You may want to do like 38-42 psi since you have lo-profile tires. I do not really have any good mpg accessory tricks but these driving tips will help out greatly. I used to do this trip in my 05 FX-4 with 5.4 and dealer installed supercharger, and I could get about 18mpg, believe it or not. That is one great truck as well, for I still own it. Skyjacker lifted now, it's my mudder/hunting truck. With 150k miles has been very durable, for only the transfer case failed at 138k miles. Good luck on your drive......Also try your best to avoid traffic hot spot, for stop and go will suck gas from your tank. Keep a far following distance from the car you follow so you can roll more with less stopping therefore less throttle needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts