Ford F150 Forumz banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell us what you did to your F150 today!

Did you get a new mod? Give it a bath or get it dirty? Go on an adventure? Share!
:D

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys!
I don't have a truck, but I appreciated my cars beauty today. Kind of an every day thing. :D

·
Premium Member
2013 F-150 XLT 4WD with 5L
1,777 Posts
Well, I'm no help at all! I sold mine a few months back to get my wife and her cracked vertebrae out of the Wrangler...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Troubling times with my F150

Have taken my Truck back to the dealership for the 5th time since having them put on 4 new tires, preforming a break job, servicing the transmission and doing an engine computer update.
Since they have returned my truck I have been experiencing inconsistent vibration between 50 to 60 mph.
Am hoping someone can offer me some options or tips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
get them to re ballance your tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They have rebalanced the tires 4 times and replaced one the third time they balanced them due to the fact that the tire would not balance out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if they are a real agressive tire that happens more offten then not. another thing that i find that can also throw you some weird vibrations is an out of ballance drive shaft. if they removed it at all for any reason that could cause it. drive shafts have two weights on them to keep it ballanced if you install it wrong you notice. also check your u joints on the drive shaft. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
We finally rewired the coax and swapped out the original CB antenna mount for something that works! Later today we'll look at the back of the radio and the connector there because I think there is a short between the center conductor and the braided wire.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Today I did the math on the towing capacity for my truck as if it were a stock 4WD XLT with the 5L. I then ordered a new window (winder for those in NW FL) sticker to see what axles I have and wat tow package is really installed!

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Today I received a couple of boxes with new/upgrade parts! More to follow!

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Well, things rarely go as planned! We are still living in one of those long term sorts of hotels and we have been struggling to find an apartment due to so many Northern folks fleeing certain high tax/bad politics/crime ridden states. That sais, you can imagine what my free time has looked like. Alas, there is hope! We find out today about an apartment we applied for soon! Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to unbox the goodies seen here and then you'll know why I've been itching to get these done!

Again, more to come!

Mac

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I opened the first box to get my F150 where I need it to be. As a disabled vet, getting in/out of a tall truck that doesn't have running boards is a painful experience. To help with that, the long box you see pictured above, are the running boards both my wife and I need.

The boards were bought from the largest online retailer for a reasonable $240 and they came with high reviews. They are five inches wide and include everything needed to mount them.

Well packaged and all parts were there!

Aluminum, or not, that box was not light! The worst part of the job was getting my old butt under the truck! The rest was pretty easy since these boards use the mount points Ford uses for their boards. Good for me!

Install the clips for the bolts...

And then the bracket is attached using those two bolts and two more through the bottom of the mount using pre-existing holes as well (see above).

With all four brackets in place, the rest was easy! Slide the eight bolts and washers into the slots under the boards and tighten the nylon lock nuts. Voila!

They do stick out a little further than most, but that actually has become a good thing as you have all five inches of trad to work with. With two bad knees and a bad back, I need all the support I can get! This was a needed upgrade!

APS IB-F5176B Matte Black 5" iBoard for Ford F-150 Super Cab

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
The most recent upgrade to my 2013 F150 was to change the Sync system in to something much more user friendly. Mind you, plugging in my cell phone and finding the correct combination to make it work wasn't all that hard to do, but I kept having to look at my phone for a visual of what was going on. As a man who has lived more than six decades, I can tell you that looking anywhere other that straight ahead or at your mirrors, can be bad.

Old system
Plant Satellite radio Radio Media player Vehicle

I searched the interweb to find a good system to put in my truck that would integrate with the other systems in my truck. Naturally I was looking for a Ford Sync system upgrade. I saw an interesting video from 4D Tech and that was the route I chose.
4D Tech

I looked through their web site and was able to locate the system I wanted with ease. I made my selection, paid for it and had it just a few days later! Great service!

What I received
Packing materials Package delivery Wood Shipping box Material property

I rewated the install video and had it queued up to go as I went along. I had watched it a few times and only needed to verify a few key steps, but it was pretty easy to do.

The hardest part was taking the dash apart, and, by that, I mean, I am now committed to this! :)
Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle audio

Once it was all apart, the wiring harness adaptation was next. The hardest part of this was getting my big hands in to the places I needed to get to!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Gas

The rest was pretty simple in reversing the steps and, voila! A Sync 3 system with navigation!
Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Automotive design Vehicle audio

Here is a shot with Adroid Auto working...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part

Mind you, it took a week or two before I figured out I should have paid a little more for the internal nav system. So, after a couple of weeks I contacted 4D Tech and they pointed me in the right direction for my next step. They are so great to work with! Again, a few days later I had a new module and, in less than an hour I had what I needed!
Gadget Auto part Technology Communication Device Electronic device

Communication Device Gadget Vehicle Vehicle audio Display device

Gadget Communication Device Font Display device Technology

1 - 18 of 18 Posts