Ford F150 Forumz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to figure out how to wire a light in to where it will come on every time my parking lights come on. I tried the fuse in the manual that says parking lights but it didn't work. Any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
First, welcome aboard! Second, where will the new light be located? It matters because you can pick up power from several different points.

Mac

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Next question, what kind of lights? If they are fog or diving lights then they need to be wired into the headlamp circuit so they'll cut off when you turn on your high beams (many states have laws regarding this and you need to check with yours). Additionally, if they are fog or driving lights then you will probably need to add a relay to control them. If they are marker lights then wiring them into the parking lamp circuit should be okay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are just three simple single amber/yellow marker lights. Do you know how I would find the parking lamp circuit? (Thnks so much)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
While I don't yet have my new diagrams, I can show you what the 2008 wiring diagrams show for the 2008 model and assume that there isn't much changed as far as wire colors are concerned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! Do you know if there is a fuse I can connect to? I have it connected to my light now but it's causing a bad connection for my turn signal

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Are these LED or incandescent lights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts